The 81 On Seventh staff conducts scheduled inspections of all fire systems, i.e. fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, fire horns/strobes and fire sprinklers. The Building is equipped with a fire sprinkler system and fire evacuation alarm system.
If you discover a fire:
- Dial 911 immediately.
- Give the following building name and address to the 911 operator:
81 On Seventh
81 East 7th Street
Saint Paul, MN 55101
- Follow the fire evacuation procedures. Fire evacuation procedures are determined by your department. Please see your department supervisor or human resources personnel for fire evacuation procedures. Click here to view a general building evacuation map.
- Each work area has a primary and secondary evacuation plan assigned to its occupants. Please go to your department supervisor or human resources personnel for department fire evacuation procedures.
- Proceed by stairwell to exit the building as directed.
- After exiting the building, move away to allow firefighters and equipment easy access, and avoid the risk of falling debris.
- Proceed to the designated rendezvous location, assigned by each department. Remain there and stand by for further instructions.
- After department hours all tenants should evacuate to the 1st floor of the Robert Street Ramp. Building Security will inform them when the ‘all clear’ is given.
- Leave fire area immediately and close the doors behind you.
- Use stairwells to evacuate.
- If caught in heavy smoke, take short breaths through the nose and stay low to the floor. Clearer air is nearest to the floor because toxic gases rise.
- Stay calm and alert.
- Listen for further announcements and instructions and follow them.
- Evacuate in an orderly fashion, keeping to the right in the stairwells and single file.
- Do not attempt to fight the fire.
- Do not use the elevators.
- Do not run or create panic.
- Do not return to your office until the ‘all clear’ is given.