A centuries of stories. come write your own.
81 on Seventh is a four (4) story office building consisting of approximately 47,000 square feet (excluding lower level), with an average floor plate of 13,000 square feet, located in a thriving epicenter of creative energy in the heart of downtown St. Paul. Built in 1907, it was used as a retail showroom and storage facility. Later as the building approached its one-hundredth birthday, it was restored into an office building using sustainable and green strategic practices. This Building is a brick and timber re-imagined classic with newly built core systems and modern technologies. 81 On Seventh is the only building in downtown St. Paul that retained its historic character through the complete adaptive renovation, and an urban surprise.
“When Hardenbergh Foundation was looking for new office space, we knew immediately 81 On Seventh was the perfect fit for us. Its historic features along with modern amenities, security, cleanliness, access to parking and the skyway, and central location were ideal. The Commercial Real Estate Services, Inc. staff are knowledgeable and experienced and have been innovative in helping us meet our specific business needs. We are extremely satisfied with our move!”
– Tammy C., President and CEO of Hardenbergh Foundation
(Click to View Suites with Floor Plans)
For further information, please contact Commercial Real Estate Services, Inc. at (651) 290-8890.
- Organics Recycling Program
- Centralized Waste Collection
- Filtered Water Stations
- Historic Exterior Balconies
- Convenient Skyway Access
- District Energy Heating and Cooling
- On-Site Management, Security, and Engineering
- Wellness Classes
- Espresso Bar and Convenience Store*
- Conference Room*
- Fitness Center*
- Shower Facilities*
- Bike Parking and Storage*
* Located in The Golden Rule Building across the skyway as part of our three-building campus
- In the heart of downtown close to Lowertown, Rice Park, and W. 7th neighborhoods
- 15 different parks including Mears and Rice Parks
- Upscale grocer in immediate area
- Over 70 different cafés and restaurants in the area
- Near local breweries
- Minutes away from 11 theaters and museums including the newly renovated Historic Palace Theater
- A brisk walk from Xcel Energy Center and CHS Field and around the corner from the Treasure Island Center – MN Wild Practice Facility
Recently restored inside and out, all the personality of this 1907 building has been preserved. It is constructed on a limestone foundation with:
- Heavy timber
- Douglas-fir columns, beams and joists
- High ceilings
- Exposed brickwork
- Tin stamped ceilings
- Wood floors
- Wide showroom windows
- Exterior brick
- Balconies on 3rd and 4th floor
Electrical wiring, plumbing, HVAC—it’s all brand new. The elevators, stairwells and restrooms have been replaced, too. New double-hung windows, trimmed in copper and Douglas-fir, are energy efficient and fully operable. A high-speed fiber network services the building. In addition, the building is connected to the State of Minnesota’s fiber system.
health, wellness, and Environmentally Conscious
81 On Seventh leads city standards when it comes to health, wellness and sustainability.
Touchless sinks, toilets and soap dispensers have been installed throughout the common areas in the building for a healthier and cleaner environment. Throughout the building there are filtered water stations for use which is great for reusable water bottles.
In 2019, the building implemented centralized waste collection and organic recycling. The building is the first in St. Paul to have implemented centralized waste collection in a multi-tenant building.
From new energy-efficient windows to salvaged construction materials, 81 On Seventh utilizes sustainable practices.
Building Materials Reuse (PDF)